Dr. Jean Mooney qualified as a Podiatrist / Chiropodist in 1981 from the London Foot Hospital and School of Podiatric Medicine, and initially practiced in the NHS as a clinician / Service Manager, and established her private practice. In 1987 she moved to higher education, primarily teaching and lecturing on the Podiatry degree programmes at the University of Westminster, University College London, and the University of East London, whilst practicing as a Podiatric Surgeon, and continuing to work in her private practice.
Dr. Mooney is able to offer the full range of Podiatry / Chiropody treatments at the Larksview Lodge Surgery. These include:
- Routine nail and skin care
- The treatment of hyperkeratosis (corns, callosity, cracked heels)
- The diagnosis and management of skin and nail infections
- The treatment of ingrown, thickened and difficult to cut nails
- Nail surgery under local anaesthesia
- Biomechanical examination, gait analysis and the provision of bespoke (casted) orthoses for amelioration of forefoot, heel, knee, leg and back pain
- Vascular and neurological examination and assessment of the Diabetic foot and leg
- Medical and expert witness reports, in relation to lower limb and foot disorders
- The majority of Dr. Mooney’s patients attend her surgery, but arrangements can be made for her to visit less mobile patients in their own homes.